Monday, October 7, 2013

KC Fashion Week Pt 1

 By Jasmine Cooper
Lipstick: MAC, Mineral Powder: MAC
I accidentally deleted my first KC Fashion Week post guys. Sorry! I had a ton of fun this weekend in Kansas City, MO. I had the honor of attending KC Fashion Week as media. I was also able to attend the MADE Urban Apparel Fall Launch Party and on top of all of that awesomeness, I spent quality time with my family. I love my family and I love my job, so this weekend was amazing. I can't wait to graduate from college so I can focus completely on my career and family. God has blessed me to be able to balance being a full time student and full time business owner, TheeFashionStories, LLC.
Night 1: Dress (Forever21), Shoes (Shoe Carnival), Necklace: Mizzou Store
The first night of KC Fashion Week was amazing. There were designs from Bridget Julia Couture, Katie Lee, House of Cochon, Jillian Fellers, Cass & Britt, and the KC Pet Project. I enjoyed the atmosphere that was set inside of Union Station by the KC Fashion Week team. The lighting was intimate and the music was upbeat. It was such a pleasure being a part of the media. I attended each event with House of Rena designer, Ms. Eranne Whiters. We had such a great time this weekend! Here's the kicker, we are cousins so I got to spend extra time with my big cousin so that was great!
Eranne Whiters and I
Eranne Whiters and I before the show.
The Friday show consisted of two halves. Each designer brought something fun and fascinating to the runway. I was especially in awe of the Bridget Julia Couture collection because of the bold patterns and prints. The designs were fun and out of the ordinary. I particularly loved the usage of feathers and sequins. The Bridget Julia Couture dresses were cocktail and party dresses for risk taking fashionistas! The whole show was fabulous on Friday night! Check out more photos here.
Bridget Julia Couture
Aside from awesome designs and a fabulous atmosphere, I met 2 new bloggers. I met Miss La'Shonda of FashionPlateKC and Miss Carrie of Fashionableway. Both ladies were sweet and have cool blogs. I found it interesting that although we are all fashion bloggers we all have different niches and audiences. That just goes to show you that God gives us all different passions and talents!
Blogger La'Shonda and I before the show started.
Night one ended with a rain storm! Guess who left their umbrella in their suitcase? This girl! Ha I ended up running into my home soaking wet, but it made for a good laugh. Day 1 of KC Fashion Week was awesome!

No comments

Post a Comment

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey