Friday, October 18, 2013

Mycah Houston


I want to introduce you all to COOL Clothing CEO, Mr. Mycah Houston. COOL is an acronym that means "creating our own lane." COOL Clothing has fresh and unique designs! Mycah works at Dicks Sporting Goods as a Team Sports Associate and as a Freelance Graphic Designer in his spare time as well. He is a senior at Missouri Western State University, studying graphic design with an interest in photography. After graduation Mycah plans on relocating and continue working as a freelance graphic designer and expanding the COOL Clothing brand.

How and why did you start your brand?
I had a print making class a year or two ago and our final was to make a design and print it on to a shirt. My instructor and classmates liked my project so much they told me I should look in to starting my own brand, so I did.

How would you describe your style?
I would describe my style as unpredictable. One day I could wake up and throw on sweats or basketball shorts and a tee shirt. Other days I will throw on some nice pants and casual shoes with a nice fitted shirt. I like being comfortable but at the same time I like to wear real clothes. I don't like being the center of attention but I do like to stand out.

Who do you look up to in the fashion industry?
I look up to my older cousin Adam Williams in the fashion industry. He is also a graphic designer and has a clothing brand himself called "Little Boy". Growing up in a family with all women, and all of my male relatives are all my age or younger except Adam. He has helped me grow as a graphic designer and with my clothing brand. He is definitely like a big brother to me.

Where do you find inspiration?
I find inspiration in whatever I can: family, friends, my community, the bible, classmates, music, magazines, ANYTHING. I mainly find inspiration from my family and friends. They support me no matter what. I always want to make sure I don't let anyone down. Also, one day I would like to share my success with those who are less fortunate. Start some charity events help others get on their feet. I feel that charity is very important.

Name your favorite pair of shoes.
My favorite pair of shoes are the Jordan Retro 5's. When I was a baby my first pair of shoes were a pair of white/black/red Retro 5's. I’m not big on getting all the latest Jordan’s, but I always keep an eye out for the Retro 5's.
Mycah & his favorite pair of shoes.

What career advice do you have for TheeFashionStories readers?
Just stick to what you love and be patient. If you can get into a career you truly love your passion and determination will take you far. It may be hard at first and you may struggle a little. But to know you made it doing what you love is all worth it in the end.

Who do you look up to when it comes to working?
When it comes to working I would say I look up to my mother. She works hard and does everything she can to make sure things are taking care of. She has made a lot of sacrifices for me to get where I am today. One day I want to be able to take care of her and make sure she is set. I also look up to my boy Mark Launiu from MADE Apparel. He works hard but enjoys it at the same time. Dude makes it look easy.

What is your biggest dream?
My biggest dream and aspiration is just being the best man I can be and to be successful. Seems like I have every opportunity to make something of myself and be successful.

How can TheeFashionStories readers contact you?
Mycah thank you for sharing your story with TheeFashionStories. I am looking forward to rocking my COOL Clothing hoodie this winter. I love my COOL Clothing tee. The color, fit, and design are all amazing. Mycah I really admire your drive and uniqueness so I am confident that you will go far. Keep pushing!

Much Love,
Jas

No comments

Post a Comment

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey