Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Fall Outerwear 101

Fall is here and temperatures are decreasing rapidly! Brrr... so do you know what that means? Time to buy a new coat or jacket! Below are a few fashionable and inexpensive outerwear options for this Fall. 

Fall Outerwear
1. Military Jacket: Military jackets are perfect for adding structure to an outfit. When paired with a skater dress and boots, military jackets add just enough sassy to create a very powerful effect to any outfit.

2. Dark Wash Denim Jacket: Denim jackets are classic, but I prefer a darker wash for the fall. Denim jackets are great to pair with oversized sweaters, leggings, and combat boots.

Denim Jacket + Knit Sweater
3. Letterman Jacket or Varsity Jacket: Letterman and/or variety jackets are cute for young fashionistas. They go well with jeans, sneakers, and ragland tops. I like to keep my outfit simple whenever I wear a variety jacket.

4. Flocked Coat: Flocked coats or really any style peacoat is great for church or other formal occasions. Longer winter coats are great when you want to wear a dress and the wind is freezing cold. I generally wear my long black peacoat in December and January when it is freezing in Mid-Missouri.

5. Leather Jacket: Leather jackets are timeless and easy to dress up or down. I have a brown "leather" jacket that I like to layer with. Leather jackets can be worn open or closed.

Leather Jacket + Boyfriend Jeans
Photo Curtesy: http://awedbymonica.blogspot.com
6. Parka: Parkas are my absolute favorite type of outerwear. I have a baby blue parka from Forever21 that I absolutely adore! Parkas are lightweight and easy to pack layers in. I like to wear my parka when I have on an oversized sweater, a vest, and skinny jeans with boots.

Questions to ask yourself before buying a new coat to jacket:
What is your favorite type of outerwear? How much are you willing to invest into a coat or jacket? Where do you like to shop?

Much Love,
Jas the Stylist 

Ps. Make sure you follow TheeFashionStories on Instagram here. 

No comments

Post a Comment

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey