Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Britney Turner


Britney Turner is the Founder & Editor of Her$tyle Media, owner of Bee Consulting, and a fashion stylist for AKIRA Chicago. She is a senior at the University of Illinois Champaign-Urbana, majoring in communications while specializing in journalism. Not to mention that she is drop dead gorgeous as well! Britney is talented and very successful in each avenue that she pursues. I have been watching her career for a few months now and can't wait to see what the future holds for as a business woman. Keep reading to find out more about  Miss Britney Turner of Her$tyle Media.

What are your plans after graduation? If you have already graduated what are you currently doing?
After graduation I plan on furthering Her$tyle in different media platforms. Graduate school is definitely at the top of my list as well. In 5 years I see myself opening my Her$tyle Chicago office, along with my Bee Consulting Firm as well.

Who have you worked with and/or worked for?
For the designer/clothing part of Her$tyle, we have done interviews with Vanessa Posso of RichGirlz Jewelry (as seen on Basketball Wives and Love and Hip Hop), Simal Turan who is the owner of KIZ Clothing (seen on Chicagolicious and Mob Wives, Asia Dee (LA based model for American Apparel and more), Krush Girlz, Fresh Connection Brand, LXII, RICCHEZZA, Forever Fly and more!

For the music section of Her$tyle we have done interviews with indie artist Saba Jenga, Rising Over Envy, Show You Suck, hip hop artist LSK, K.M. Da Original and more! We’ve also covered different events as far as the KIZ Chicago Fashion Show and WVON Radio’s Impact 50 event.

If you could trade jobs with anyone who would it be?
Karen Civil. Her stance in the media industry is phenomenal. Certainly where I want to be in 5 years.

Name your favorite designer.
Mink Pink!

Name your 3 favorite online publications.


In-Style, Vogue, and Nylon. Can’t live without them!

Flats or heels?
Heels all the way!

Name your top 3 accessories.
My vintage Gucci watch, my long gold cross necklace and my John Lennon style sunglasses

How would you describe your style?
My style is everywhere I must say. One day I could be completely Urban and Boho, the next day I could be classy and elegant. It definitely depends on how I’m feeling that day!

If you could shop anywhere, where would it be?
I would love to do major shopping in Paris for a week! I’d do so much damage there. It’s definitely every fashionista’s dream.

Who do you look up to in the fashion industry?
Anna Wintour  is definitely my idol.

What does confidence mean to you?
Confidence means the world when you don’t over do it. Staying humble is key. I’m confident in what I do and it shows without me having to flaunt.

What do you want people to gain from your work?
I want people to gain a sense of originality. I want them to look at Her$tyle and be able to think and see things different. I just don’t want us to be another blog. I want us to inspire others to believe and achieve!
What career advice do you have for TheeFashionStories readers?
Make sure you sure you experience all of you interest! Having knowledge in a little bit of everything will get you a long way. Just make sure you’re building on that knowledge as time goes by.

What makes your work or brand different from your peers?
I reach out to EVERYONE. Whether they are the CEO of their own company to being a fashion designer, everyone has a chance to inspire someone! I don’t want just the latest scoop, or the hottest fashion. I want interviews with people who have worked hard to be where they are and succeeded. I want relatable pieces. That’s how my work is different from others.

What is your biggest dream or aspiration?
To own my own media company in Chicago, LA, and New York and to also own my own clothing store/boutique.

What mark do you want to leave on this world?
I want to leave my mark as the biggest woman media mogul and business-woman. I have high expectations for myself, and I can be a perfectionist at times as well.

Do you have any upcoming events or projects that TheeFashionStories readers should be on the lookout for?
We’re currently revamping our whole website, which has been such an exciting process! Be on the look out for our Fall Fashion Frenzy addition. It’s only the beginning!

How can TheeFashionStories readers contact you?
TheeFashionStories readers can contact me at herstylexo@gmail.com.

Thanks for a fabulous interview Britney! I wish you much future success! Your work ethic and results will take you far! It was my pleasure to interview you!

Much Love,
Jas

4 comments:

  1. Great interview! I love Her$tyle and Britney - the website revamp has been fabulous!

    ♥emma
    itsemmaelise.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting questions, as an interviewer coming up with questions that are able to pull out the information you need is sometimes challenging. You did a good job!

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey