Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Just Thinking

By Jasmine Cooper
What is the meaning of life? What is your purpose for being here? What impact are you making on the world? How many lives have you changed? Who do you love? What do you love?
These are tough questions to answer, right? But self checks are important and essential. I try to self check every few months.

Lately, I have been focusing a lot on my career. It has been fun and rewarding, but on the other hand it is very time consuming. I have learned that I am not superwoman and I cannot do everything. Honestly, that is okay with me. I used to want to do everything and please everyone, but I have learned that I must take care of myself. No one else will have your back like you have your back, remember that.

Take the time to help others and love yourself. In life, we need balance and diversity. It is impossible to do anything alone. Most importantly we all need God to give us strength and direction. Christ died so that we may live. He didn't die for us to live mediocre lives. He didn't leave his throne in heaven so that we could waste our gifts and talents. God created us to give praises to him and bring others to him.

So I decided there is nothing better than to enjoy food and drink and to find satisfaction in work. Then I realized that theses pleasures are from the hand of God. For who can eat or enjoy anything apart from him? Ecclesiastes 2:24-25

I charge you to walk in your God given purpose and enjoy life. Don't give up on your dreams and stop shutting people out. Something amazing could be sitting right at your feet. Do not run from greatness because you don't believe that you deserve it. You deserve everything that God has destined for you to enjoy. So be brave and wise!

Much Love,
Jas

No comments

Post a Comment

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey