Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Lo'Cal Fashion Magazine: The White Out

 
The White Out Fashion Show was presented by Lo'Cal Fashion Magazine at the Downtown Marriott on June 29, 2013. The CEO of Lo'Cal Fashion Magazine is Miss TaChai M. Hayes. Lo'Cal Fashion Magazine is Kansas City based and will be launching it's first issue in January 2014. Lo'Cal Fashion Magazine is "Where locals make headlines!" Check out their website here to get a feel for what Lo'Cal Fashion Magazine is all about! If you have any business inquiries or questions do not hesitate to contact the Lo'Cal Fashion Magazine team at localfashmag@gmail.com!
 
Now let's get started talking about The White Out! The show featured lines from talented Kansas City designers and stylists. Designers included: Langston Jones, Luis and Bryan, Nyla Handy, and Shabeba Rodriguez. Each line presented was authentic and I really appreciated the variety of model types and pieces in each segment. Mr. Simeon Taylor was the host of The White Out Fashion Show. He was hilarious and did an awesome job rocking the runway!

CEO: Tachai M. Hayes
Designer Langston Jones started the show off with his fabulous line Eyedentitee Theft. His t-shirts were one of a kind in design. I really liked one of his t-shirts that said, "Respect My Roots." His skirts were also to die for. I loved the cohesiveness of his line. Jones is a great designer and I look forward to working with him in the near future.

Stylists Luis and Bryan of LB Glam did a phenomenal job with hair and makeup for their models. Each model rocked a few fabulous pieces of jewelry from the LB Glam line. I loved that each necklace modeled was a statement piece. I love chunky jewelry, so I was in heaven each time I saw a piece that the LB Glam team created! I can't wait to see more from this dynamic duo!

Designer Nyla Handy brought a very upbeat and sassy feel to The White Out's runway with her line Undomesticated. I loved the energy of each model and bright colors of each look. Nyla has an eye for things that are different and pull your attention. I am really happy that I got to see her work and can't wait to see more from her. Undomesticated was a great line to see! Not to mention that Nyla was a sweetheart when I met her after the show!

Last but certainly not least, Shabeba Rodriguez's line S. Nicole rocked the runway with classic yet sassy looks. I really loved the flow that each one of her dress, tops, and skirts embodied. Each model looked awesome and confident rocking the runway. I was really impressed with the quality in each S. Nicole piece. The pieces looked similar to high-end pieces that you would find on Dillard's or Macy's rack. S. Nicole is definitely a line that is going to make it big!

I was really impressed with each line that was presented at The White Out, from the makeup, to clothing, to models.  I enjoyed the atmosphere at The White Out! I had a great time at the show and after party with my sister/makeup artist Delicia Edward and my cousin/ House of Rena designer Eranne Whiters.  This was my first white linen fashion show/party and I must say that it was fantastic! Great job Lo'Cal Fashion Magazine and I can't wait to see your next show in September!

Much Love,
Jas
Eyedentitee Theft Model
 
LB Glam Model

Undomesticated Model
 
S. Nicole Model

Miss Tachai M. Hayes
 
Delicia, Eranne, and I before the after party started!
 
If you have a fashion related event coming up or a new line launching and would like for Fashion Stories to write about it please email business inquiries to jdc_fashionstories@yahoo.com!

No comments

Post a Comment

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey