Thursday, July 11, 2013

Ciclely Haire

Who inspires your style?
I keep up with a lot of fashion bloggers and Youtubers. My favorites are Shirley B. Eniang, Patricia Bright, Jenn Im and Ariel Sansaricq. I also read magazines like Nylon, Essence and Elle. I check a few fashion websites pretty frequently, including Styleblazer and Refinery29. And then there are plenty of celebrities whose style I love, like Beyonce, Demi Lovato, Jessica Alba, Kourtney Kardashian, and Rihanna (sometimes).

If you could trade wardrobes with any person who would it be? Why?
I would live in Olivia Pope’s (Scandal) wardrobe Monday through Friday. That woman has given a whole new meaning to the term, power suit. And her white trenchcoat is iconic. But then, I would love to rock Solange’s wardrobe on the weekends. It’s effortless and sexy, but still fun and edgy too.

Name your top 3 places to shop.
I always describe Forever 21 as that on-again-off-again boyfriend. Even when you try to venture out, you know Forever 21 is going to have something you need.  Target is also a favorite of mine. They keep up with fashion trends, the prices aren’t outlandish, and they always have my size. I guess my third favorite place to shop would be thrift stores. I know that’s such a cliché, but there are days when my entire outfit is from Goodwill or Savers or Maude V.

Do you prefer group shopping or solo missions? Why?
It depends on what I’m shopping for and where I’m shopping. Most of the time, I just go in on a solo mission to buy jeans or shoes or something. But if I’m at a thrift store or Topshop or somewhere, where the things you pick up can go either way, it helps to have a fresh pair of eyes to say, “That palm tree-printed top is just too weird,” or “That sweatshirt is not worth $50.”

What is your favorite print?
I love leopard print accents. They’re just inherently chic. Stripes are always cool in moderation, or quirky motif prints. But I guess my favorite would be abstract prints. I think they’re the most fun to play with.

What is your biggest dream? What would your dream job be?
I would love to be an editor of a popular culture, music or fashion magazine, while doing a bunch of other work on the side. I want to write books. I’d love to style, I’d love to plan events, I’d love to be a philanthropist. I feel like no one’s dream is one-sided. 

Are you more of a trendy or classic fashionista?
I love classic style. My mother, my grandmothers and my grandfathers have some impressive wardrobes. That’s what’s great about thrifting and vintage items.  Trends are cool, but I think they tend to take away from everyone’s individual style. Those pieces that took some thought and imagination and will be stylish through the ages are the best, in my opinion.

Name your three favorite pieces from your closet.
I have this denim button up shirt that was my grandfather’s. It fits perfectly and just holds sentimental value. Then, I have this lush, tangerine-colored blazer that is super soft and really versatile. Last, I have this pair of basket-weave platform sandals from H&M. They’re super cute and easy to walk in.

Describe your favorite outfit.
My favorite outfit would be this floral print maxi dress from ASOS that I found at Plato’s Closet for like $12 with my favorite military jacket and some cozy ankle strap sandals. It’s girly yet rugged, and dressy yet comfortable. And I feel like the colors work really well with my skin tone. It makes me feel really fresh and pretty.

How can readers contact you?
You can find me on Twitter (@ciceflyyest_) or Facebook. I’m also on LinkedIn, Tumblr and Pinterest, and you can always email me (cicely.haire@gmail.com).

Much Love,
Jas

No comments

Post a Comment

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey