Thursday, September 19, 2013

Life 101: Letting Go

By Jasmine Cooper
There are people and experiences that we never want to let go of. There are moments that we wish could lasts forever. Some of my happiest times include people who are no longer a part of my life. Some have passed on and others have just went in different directions, but nonetheless everyone grows. We are the sum of each and every experience that God takes us through. Some parts of the journey will be filled with great joy and others will be filled with pain, but through it all know that God has a purpose. The storms that we encounter are building us up for something greater. God's plan is better than anything that we could dream up.

When I was younger, I dreamed that I would be engaged by now. I thought that life would take me where I wanted to go and now with more wisdom under my hat, I know that this is not true. People grow and things change so nothing is really constant. Love is precious and should be treated as such, but once it's gone you should let it go. You shouldn't hold onto memories of good times when they are no more. It is a waste of time and space trying to recreate the past. So I choose to focus on the here and now.

I was so lost in my own plans that I pushed God's will out of the equation. I had my husband picked, job picked, and baby names ready. Ha, much like most.... I thought that I knew best. But here I am 20 years young, finding myself and falling in love with each and every curve that completes me. I am just reaching the surface of the many great things that God has in store for me. What about you darling? What are you searching for or running from? Why are you still where you were a year ago? In the back of your mind, you know that it's time to go. Good times can be hard to forget, but there's always a chance to make more. Don't forget the past, but don't let it dictate your future. Spread your wings and fly. Stay near the cross and watch God blow your mind.

Much Love,
Jas

GO CHIEFS!!! 

No comments

Post a Comment

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey