Monday, April 14, 2014

Prom in the City

Prom is the City was totally amazing! I know you're probably wondering what Prom in the City is and why the heck I was there. Don't worry I will get to that! This weekend I started my internship with Show Me Shoes and Prom in the City was my first event. Prom in the City was an event put on by Show Me Shoes and Julee Jones of Hot 103 Jamz where young ladies in high school were pampered and given prom dresses. Prom in the City was all about giving back to the community and making each young lady feel special! The day was action packed and filled with laughs. I had a really great time at Prom in the City. Below are more fabulous photos and details! So keep reading gorgeous!

Look at all of these wonderful volunteers!
Dress shopping!
Co-founder of Show Me Shoes, Shivon, and I
Throughout the day I had the pleasure of being Shivon's assistant. It was a new experience for me since I am used to being the person in charge. I enjoyed helping out and learned a lot about team work. It was refreshing to see so many volunteers willing and ready to work. Shivon and Julie put together a great team to make Prom in the City a success.

We had a packed house!
Shivon, Julie Jones, and DJ Diamond Diva
Shivon and Julee were the fabulous hosts and coordinators of Prom in the City. Each one of them has a passion for service and sowing into young women. I was impressed with their love for the job. It's not everyday that you find people who want to give their all to people who can't do anything for them in return. I was so grateful for the opportunity to work along such amazing leaders!

Some of Kansas City's best makeup artist donated their morning to make each young lady feel extra special.


Each young lady was given a FREE manicure!
Stylist, Ciyanna, and I
Ciyanna was one of the volunteers. She is another example of a hard working woman who has a heart to give back. Ciyanna is a blogger, stylist, and mother yet she always finds ways to giveback. I am really happy that I have had the privilege of speaking with her at Beauty and Bow Ties and again at Prom in the City.

We had hundreds of beautiful prom dresses!
Dress shopping!
We had a couple of pairs of shoes for the ladies as well!
Shots by Miko provided some great mocktails for the girls and their parents.
I wanted to dress comfortable and cute so I opted for this high-low dress and a pair of flats!
I had a great time working at Prom in the City. I look forward to giving back to my community as much as I can. I know that I was put here to serve. I love reaching back and helping others. I would not be where I am today without countless people sowing seeds of time, money, wisdom, and love into me. With that being said, I want to encourage you to reach back and help others. 

Much Love,
Jas

No comments

Post a Comment

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey