Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Photographer: James Williams


Hello Fashion Lovers aka TheeFashionStories enthusiasts! Today's interviewee is Mr. James Williams. He is a 22 year old, hardworking, and extremely talented photographer and videographer. He owns his own company, Dapper Media Inc. James specializes in music videos, photo shoots, event coverage, etc. He currently attends the Art Institute of Atlanta. He will be graduating in December with his associates degree in photography. James plans to attend Georgia State University to pursue his bachelors degree in film! He is driven and persistent with his goals! Keep reading to learn more about the man behind the lens, Mr. James Williams. 

Where do you see your career in 5 years?
I see myself in a huge retail space working specifically with higher-end clients. I also want to have other photographers and videographers working as my employees with competitive salaries. There will be cyc walls used for photography and videography, seamless paper used for photoshoots, green screens for video work, and etc.

Who have you worked with and/or worked for?
I’ve worked with a lot of people in my career. I’ve worked with a lot of great music artists such as Big KRIT, Nipsey Hussle, Mac Miller, Machine Gun Kelly, Kid Ink, Kandi (RHOA), and many more.

Currently, I am working as a PA with Tre Native Productions and a video director/producer/editor with Inspire Magazine. I just finished my internship with the Atlanta Film Festival earlier in April. In the future I would love to have a position as photographer/videographer for different fashion and life style magazines that are well-known all around the world. I wouldn’t want a job that would take me away from the work of my company.

What was your motivation behind starting your blog, business, career, etc.?
Photography and film are two of my favorite things on this planet. I love creating work that people can be excited to see and look at for years to come and be pleased with the quality of it. I started my visual arts company in 2009 after I graduated high school. After graduating high school I knew that I wanted to work for myself and make my own decisions as a business man and an artist.  It’s been a long ride since those early days. Now it’s 2014 and I have a new companyname, new website and I am in a whole new city. I’ve met a lot of people and been involved with a lot of companies that have helped me in different ways throughout my career.

What does confidence mean to you?
Having the guts to do something that will shock people. When I moved to Atlanta people back home in Kansas City doubted me. They said that I wouldn’t make it, they said that I would be back there this time this year but I am still here, grinding it out, still in school, working, networking with different people. God has blessed me and I am grateful as ever.

James in front of the camera rocking CLVR Threads!
Where do you find inspiration?
Everywhere (laughs). No, but seriously, I do find inspiration in a lot of things. I usually read my books on Buddhism, my film books or go to YouTube and watch interviews from different people in the media/entertainment industry that I look up to in some way for inspiration.

What is your biggest dream or aspiration?
My biggest dream is to work with the people that I want to work with, work for myself and only myself, and make money to take care of my family. I will make sure that they (my family) doesn’t have to want for anything else. I’m a pretty family oriented person. In the future, once I am well established and wealthy I am going to open visual arts centers up in Kansas City, Missouri for children, teens and adults that are interested in doing photography and videography.

What career advice do you have for TheeFashionStories readers?
Never settle for less that what you deserve. Go for the gusto and make your own dreams come true. No matter what someone else tells you. In doing this you must be patient. You cant jump to every offer or opportunity that comes you way. Take time and think things through before you make a big life changing decision.

What mark do you want to leave on this world?
I want to leave the ‘Dapper Media’ mark on the world. I am a hard working visual artist that has never settled for less. I want people to know that I kept my head up in the hard times and got through it all with motivation from different areas, different people, and of course my work.

James Williams in action!
Do you have any upcoming events or projects that TheeFashionStories readers should be on the lookout for?
I have a number of photoshoots coming up and I will be shooting my 3rd short film this summer. My schedule is really hectic with work. I’m ready for the challenges that await me.

How can TheeFashionStories readers contact you?
Email: dappermediainc@gmail.com (For bookings and inquires – Atlanta, GA and out of state)
Twitter & Instagram: photojimmy

James thank you for sharing your story with my readers! I hope that all of your dreams come true! You are very talented and have ambitions that will take you far!

Much Love,
Jas

Ps. To check out more fab interviews click here.

No comments

Post a Comment

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey