Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Relationships 101: Just Stop

I have decided to stop beating myself up for "losing" a guy who lacked the capacity to appreciate me. As normal or smart as this may sound, it is not the easiest thing to do. I spent the last 3.5 years of my life dreaming of forever with my high school sweetheart. You know... I was that girl who had it all planned out, the wedding, the honeymoon, and even the house. Ha. I though that I could make him someone he was not and always blamed myself for the problems that would arise in our relationship. We went through the motions of "sticking" it out for a while, a long while. No one wants to be alone, so we settle for less than what God has. I gave up on my love story and tried to create one with an amazing guy, but still to no avail it wasn't enough. Even if someone is"perfect" for you in every since, if you aren't ready than they will never be enough. Then it dawned or me, or God knocked me upside my head really and told me to "wait." So as crazy and emotional my journey to finding true love has been and will be, I am content with waiting for the right one. I won't be confused when he finds me and I don't have to look for him because when the time is right it will just happen. Today I decided to stop beating myself up for "losing" a guy who lacked the capacity to appreciate me and stop trying to make a husband out of a friend. While waiting, I am going to walk in my purpose and build my brand in ways that God intended. Maybe you are in the same place. It's okay to cry and wonder why things are falling a part, but at the end of all that make sure you stand tall and politely ask God to show you the way.

Much Love,
Jas

No comments

Post a Comment

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey