Sunday, March 9, 2014

My Weekend + Real Talk


Hello Fashion Lovers!

This weekend was super action packed and exciting for me! On Friday afternoon, I started out by speaking at Hogan Preparatory Academy in Kansas City, Missouri about fashion blogging. It was really good to see some of the students that I worked with this past summer in attendance. I was honored when my mentor, Crystal Ward, asked me to speak at Hogan Prep's Career Day. Ms. Ward was my teacher 7 years ago and today she is still heavily involved with educating our youth. She is even in school earning her doctoral degree from the great University of Missouri! Her passion for educating children is evident and inspiring.

Passion is the force that drives purpose. Your purpose will never lead you somewhere that you aren't passionate about. I guess that's why I am still fashion blogging after countless times of "giving up." I love what I do. I love meeting business owners who have drive and faith in their dreams. Passion and drive are essential for anyone who wants to be successful!

Speaking at Hogan
Saturday afternoon, I drove back to Columbia, Missouri in order to attend Mizzou's Black Women Rock. Black Women Rock is a program put on to honor Black women in the city of Columbia and Mizzou community for their selfless and inspiring acts. This was my second year attending the event and I was honored to be a vendor for this year's show. I had the pleasure of setting up a table and telling a ton of awesome folks about TheeFashionStories! On top of that, I was inspired by so many young and older Black women.

I was blessed by the words of wisdom, encouragement, and strength of each award recipient. It is a dream of mine to be a Black Women Rock award recipient one day. I want people to know that my work was for the people and I want to help change lives for the better. I will leave my mark doing what I love. God is the source of all of my strength and drive! 

My table & Lola
Speaking to Kai about the future of my blog.
All in all, I had a fabulous weekend. I thank God for the strength and resources to attend each one of these events and share a little bit about myself and TheeFashionStories. I want to use TheeFashionStories to inspire a generation of young women who hail from the same streets as me. This is just the beginning, stay tuned!

Much Love,
Jas

No comments

Post a Comment

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey