Sunday, May 25, 2014

June Reads: As Seen in Vogue, The Power of Style, True Whit, Lessons from Madame Chic, and More

Recently I took a trip to the Kansas City Public Library to grab a couple of books. I grabbed six books in total. I was a book warm back in high school, but since college came along I've stopped reading so I have decided to push myself to read at least 20 books this summer. I know with a full work load this will be difficult, but I find that it is necessary. Knowledge is power and I want to be the best student, blogger, stylist, cook, friend, etc. that I can be.
This time I checked out...
+The Power of Style by Bobbie Thomas
+True Whit by Whitney Port
+Lessons from Madame Chic by Jennifer L. Scott
+Thirty Things Every Woman Should Have and Should Know by the Time She's 30 by the editors of Glamour and Pamela Redmond Satran
+As Seen in Vogue by Daniel Delis Hill
+Grow Your Business with Google Adwords by Jon Smith

Have you read any of these books? Any suggestions? What are you reading this summer? What shall I read next? I like to read about African Diaspora heritage, blogging, fashion of course, feminism, romance, and poetry. I plan to read Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie and In Fashion by Anne Marie Iverson.

I will keep you all posted on how things work out and maybe even do a few book reviews! Stay fashionable and knowledgable! You are what you consume, so feed your brain!

Much Love,
Jas

No comments

Post a Comment

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey