Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Untitled

How do I explain that I am too wild to be tamed? 
That I can't help but fantasize about designer clothes, red bottoms, and fancy homes... 
How do I explain that my dreams have changed and I no longer want to be married living happily ever after?
How do I say that I have outgrown our childhood dreams of forever? 
How can I fix my lips to say what my heart has already confirmed? 
I guess I could start with the truth... 
The truth is that I want to travel the region, the country, the globe. 
I want to rub elbows with Tyra Banks, Angela Simmons, and June Ambrose.
That I want to walk the red carpet and sit in the front row during New York Fashion Week. 
How do I say that my dreams include all of me and none of we?

This is something a little different. I love poetry and have finally decided to share one of my pieces. Please leave comments below. I hope that you enjoyed it!

No comments

Post a Comment

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey