Friday, June 13, 2014

Stylist: Cosmorgpolitan


My name is Morgan Ariel Pitts, but you may know me better as @cosmorgpolitan or possibly even Ms. #BlackGirlsWhoBlog. I am a 23-year-old native of the nation's capital who was both raised and educated in Prince George's County, Maryland. In May of 2013, I earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing from the University of Maryland, College Park's Robert H. Smith School of Business (Go Terps!). Today, I work as a freelance stylist, life(style) blogger, and founder/creative director of #BlackGirlsWhoBlog. You can mostly likely find me dancing to Beyoncé, obsessing over Hello Kitty, or spending quality time with loved ones.

Where do you see your blog and styling career in the next 3 years?
In the next three years, I see my blog having an official domain and just overall growth. I plan to become a better blogger over the years as well as work with a web/graphic designer for the site's aesthetic. In terms of styling, I see my clientele expanding and building upon my skill set.

How would you describe yourself to style on a day-to-day basis?
On a day-to-day basis, I'd describe my style as versatile more than anything else. I hate putting my look into a box because I feel as though that limits me. One day I might be wearing lace, bunny ears and embellished, platform sandals, and the next day I may be in Nike Flyknit sneakers and a white tee. A guy in college actually told me that I look like a different person every time I see him in terms of style: from Ralph Lauren equestrian, prep to Harajuku Barbie Doll glam.

Who inspires your style? Why?
I am inspired by any and everyone, always observing other people's style. Some of my personal favorite style icons are June Ambrose, Solange Knowles, Jackie O, and Jenna Lyons. I also am a fan of 2012-present Kim Kardashian (thanks to Kanye).

At what age did you decide to pursue styling? What hurdles did you have to overcome?
I decided to pursue styling at age 22 immediately after I graduated from college. A friend of mine called me to catch up, and by the end of the conversation, she ended up asking me to style her official photos for the 2014 Miss DC USA pageant. I haven't really experienced too many "hurdles" because styling isn't something that I sought after. I didn't work my butt off to get into business school and earn a degree in marketing to be somebody's stylist, you know? It honestly kind of fell into my lap, so every styling opportunity has been humbling and unexpected.


Describe your fashion story. 

My fashion story is a reflection of my personality. My outfits are always to express myself and show who I am to the world. If I had to choose one particular outfit that captures my essence, I'd say: a black, tailored blazer, black lace bralette, black, fitted track pants, monochromatic (black and white), ankle-strap heels, and my signature Tiffany & Co. and David Yurman jewelry. Sophisticated, sexy, sporty, simple, significant and above all, classic. Timelessly modern. An elegant contemporary. That's my fashion story.


What words of wisdom do you have for fashion lovers who want to become bloggers and/or stylists?
My advice to fashion lovers who want to become bloggers and/or stylists is to BE YOURSELF at ALL TIMES! It's so important to stay true to you and be who you are. BE CONFIDENT. Also, be very consistent and have fun!



How can fashion lovers contact you?

Twitter: @cosmorgpolitan
Instagram: @morgdashian (personal), @blackgirlswhoblog (professional)

Morgan thank you for sharing your fashion story with the Thee Fashion Stories community! I adore your sense of style and admire your success. It is great to see you doing great things. I am looking forward to watching your career grow. You're awesome!

Much Love,
Jas

No comments

Post a Comment

Theme created by Sweet Lemon Grey